One of our first priorities in patient care is to ensure your comfort throughout the entire dental visit. Since some of the treatments our patients need are more involved than others, we offer a variety of sedation options for them to choose from.
Sedation dentistry is ideal for patients that:
- Are afraid of the dentist or dental treatment makes them feel anxious
- Are unable to sit for long periods of time
- Want to have all of their treatment completed during one visit
- Need oral surgery, such as a wisdom tooth extraction
- Want to experience the highest level of comfort during their care
There are 2 types of sedation dentistry to choose from:
Nitrous oxide sedation is easily added onto any dental procedure, including cleanings! The “laughing gas” takes effect within just a few minutes, and creates a relaxed sensation in the patient. The results are completely reversible, allowing you to drive yourself home or back to work after your dental procedure.
We offer oral sedation at both office locations. Oral sedation uses a prescription strength sedative that is given to the patient one hour before their appointment. Most patients report feeling as if they are dreaming, or having a light nap. Our oral sedation patients are able to respond to simple questions, but usually won’t remember anything about their treatment. Patients should have someone escort them to and from their appointment, as the medication can take a few hours to wear off.